Varied and in-depth experience in multiple practice areas enables Ryan M. James to provide his clients with a greater depth of legal guidance and a balanced perspective ensuring his clients are vigorously and strategically represented in complex situations. Mr. James is uniquely experienced to assist individual and corporate clients in the issues that matter most. With an attention to detail, a keen legal mind and a willingness to seek answers and solutions when others tire, Mr. James has successfully assisted clients achieve their objectives throughout his career.
Ryan M. James recognizes that being involved in a lawsuit can be stressful, overwhelming, and can create uncertainty and complications in the lives of his client. A lawsuit impacts every aspect of one’s individual life by causing frictions in relationships and leading to distractions from one’s career and personal pursuits. Similarly, a lawsuit can create risk and uncertainty in the business affairs of many corporate clients, which in turn affects other aspects of the business and its continuing success. Mr. James fiercely represents his clients. Ryan’s legal practice and approach strives to eliminate the distractions by providing his client’s informed legal advice and perspective, enabling them to eliminate confusion, concern and avoid needless distractions. Ryan M. James protects his clients’ rights and helps clients realize their objectives and goals. An adept problem solver, Ryan is talented, creative and strategic in approaching solutions and solving his clients’ legal issues.
Ryan’s greatest satisfaction is helping clients achieve their objectives, whether that is mitigation of risk; resolution of contested contracts; establishing sole custody and meaningful parent-time arrangements; protecting assets and enabling financial recovery through bankruptcy; or, protection of one’s constitutional rights in vigorous defense of criminal allegations.
Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, Business and Contract Law, Family Law, Bankruptcy. Regularly appearing in State and Federal Courts, including District Courts and Justice Courts, at all stages including pre-trial, trial and appellate practice.
- University of Utah, B.S., Economics & Japanese, 2001.
- University of Idaho, College of Law, J.D., 2005.
- Member of the Utah State Bar
- Member of the Federal Bar Association, Utah Chapter
- Member of the Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Utah State Bar Family Law, Criminal Law, Probate / Estate Planning, Bankruptcy Sections
- Bangerter v. Petty, 184 P.3d 1249 (Utah App. 2008)
- In Re Schafer. Frazier v. Schafer, 407 B.R. 443 (BAP 10th, 2009)
- Bangerter v. Petty, 225 P.3d 874 (Utah 2009)
- Bangerter v. Petty, 228 P.3d 1250 (Utah App. 2010)
- Pratt v. Pugh, 238 P.3d 1073 (Utah App. 2010)