Parent-Time / Visitation Strategic • Responsive • Aggressive

Midvale Visitation Attorneys

Establish, Enforce, or Modify Parent-Time in Salt Lake County, UT

Parent-time, also referred to as visitation, refers to time a non-custodial parent spends with a child. Parents can come to their own agreement regarding parent-time, or the court may need to intervene and may establish visitation based on a minimum parent-time schedule set forth by state law.

If you need help reaching a parent-time agreement, enforcing your right to spend time with your child, or modifying a parent-time order, Haskins James may be able to help. Our Midvale visitation attorneys understand the intricacies of Utah law as it applies to parent-time, child custody, and divorce. We also know how important this matter is to you and your child, and that is why we work closely with our clients to ensure we fully understand their needs and goals. When you choose our firm, you can rest assured that we will be there for you – every single step of the way.

Call (801) 850-0155 for a free review of your parent-time matter. From our office in Midvale, we serve clients across Sandy, South Jordan, West Jordan, West Valley City, and the surrounding areas.

How Is Parent-Time Established?

Ideally, parents can reach their own arrangement and agreement regarding parent-time, as this will take into account their unique schedules, needs, and preferences that Utah Code may not consider. If this agreement is signed and notarized, it can be included as a part of a final divorce decree.

If parents cannot reach a parent-time agreement, the court will decide upon the matter based on:

  • Applicable state law;
  • What is “appropriate” and in the children’s best interests;
  • Any other factors the court deems relevant; and
  • Additional considerations, if one or both parents are servicemembers.

Utah Code is quite specific when it comes to parent-time schedules, based on the age of the child or children. Younger children typically have visitation periods of shorter duration, with overnight visits typically beginning at 12 months of age. Virtual parent-time may also be allowed, by way of phone calls, video chat, or other appropriate virtual contact. These schedules can be modified based on the child’s specific needs, but once an order has been issued, a permanent change can only be allowed if a petition to modify parent-time is filed and approved by the court. Additionally, a parent must notify the other parent of any extended parent-time or vacation time at least 30 days in advance of the change.

Parent-Time Lawyers Serving Midvale & Beyond

As a parent, you want to protect your relationship with your child, and this often boils down to the time you spend with him or her. Whether you are the custodial or non-custodial parent, our Midvale parent-time lawyers can help you make informed choices and take the right steps toward creating, enforcing, or modifying court orders that apply to visitation or custody. At any stage of the divorce process, after divorce, or in relation to paternity or even grandparent visitation rights, our knowledgeable professionals can protect your interests.

Contact us today to find out more about our family law services and how we can help you.

Our Reputation

Speaks For Itself 
  • Jaycey W.

    Extremely knowledgeable and he does a great job.

  • Lorey M.

    He will fight for you.

  • Larry Maddocks

    Mr. Haskins is quick and he really knows what he is doing.

  • DBB Blain

    You can tell he has a lot of experience which made my wife and I feel confident.

    A very efficient, knowledgeable and trustworthy attorney.

Why Trust Us?

  • Experienced in Multiple Areas of Law
  • Aggressively Defends Client's Rights
  • Attentive & Responsive Attorneys
  • We Truly Care About Helping People
  • 52+ Years of Combined Experience
Get Started

Contact our firm to schedule your free initial consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.